A Lawyer That You Can Trust
Explore Our Criminal Defense
Torrance Criminal Lawyer
Serving Clients in South Bay, Redondo Beach, Long Beach, and Hermosa Beach
We leverage our attorney’s wealth of insider experience and knowledge to strengthen our criminal defense services in Torrance. Pat Carey is one of the few board-certified criminal law specialists in California and works with our in-house investigator to provide high-quality, results-driven representation to our clients.
Do I Need a Lawyer For Criminal Charges in California?
If you are facing charges in the state of California, you should seek legal guidance from a criminal attorney. It can be extremely challenging to navigate the complex nature of the criminal justice system without the proper legal knowledge and experience that a criminal lawyer can provide. A lawyer can deliver several advantages when it comes to criminal charges, including:
- Legal expertise
- Protection of your rights
- Negotiation and plea bargains
- Building a strong defense
- Knowledge of the legal system
When you work with the Law Offices of J. Patrick Carey, our attorneys will evaluate every aspect of your case and build the strongest defense possible.
You should not wait to seek qualified legal representation if you have been charged with a crime or suspect that you soon will be. When you come to us for help, we will meticulously review every facet of your situation and get to work on building the best possible defense.
Our Torrance criminal defense services include representation in matters involving:
- Airbnb and Short-Term Rental Bans
- Assault Crimes, including simple assault, simple battery, assault with a deadly weapon, and aggravated battery
- Domestic Violence Crimes, including corporal injury to a spouse and spousal battery
- Driving Crimes, including cell phone tickets, driving on a suspended license, driving without a license, driving without proof of insurance, reckless driving, and DUI offenses
- Drug Crimes, including possession, possession with intent to distribute, distribution, manufacturing, and trafficking
- “Drunk in Public” Arrests
- Family Violence Crimes, including child endangerment and elder abuse
- Fraud, including burglary, embezzlement, grand theft, healthcare fraud, welfare fraud, petty theft, and robbery
- Gang Crimes
- Medical Marijuana Arrests
- Proposition 47
- Sex Crimes, including sex offender registration, child abuse, child molestation, child pornography, lewd acts in public, rape, and statutory rape
- Three Strikes Law
- Violent Crimes, including homicide, murder, and manslaughter
- White Collar Crimes, including money laundering, embezzlement, insider trading, and wire fraud
Learn more about our criminal defense services by calling (310) 695-1118 or contacting us online. Our Torrance criminal defense lawyer at the Law Offices of J. Patrick Carey is available to take your call 24/7.
Our Torrance criminal attorney, Pat Carey, has:
- Served as a former top prosecutor with the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office
- Tried 65 jury trials involving a variety of charges, including DUI misdemeanors, gang crimes, and special circumstance murder
- Handled over 75 juvenile adjudication trials
- Conducted over 1,600 preliminary hearings as a felony trial attorney
- Been selected by the National Trial Lawyers Association as a “Top 40 Under 40” member
- Been recognized by the Super Lawyers Magazine as a Southern California Rising Star in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Received the “Client’s Choice” award from Avvo.com in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018
When you hire The Law Offices of J. Patrick Carey, your case is in good hands. We know how to effectively approach every crime listed in the California Penal Code.
Get the aggressive representation you need and deserve. Contact us online or call (310) 695-1118 to schedule a consultation.
Case Dismissed Top Torrance Courthouse
Charges Dismissed Top Torrance Courthouse
33 Charges Dismissed Top Torrance Courthouse
Charges Reduced Top Torrance Courthouse
Charges Reduced Top Torrance Courthouse
“Found Pat to represent me on a case after I made a dumb mistake. I was completely clueless. Pat made is so much less stressful and most of all he negotiated a deal that ended up getting my case dismissed.” - Kristin B.
“Pat helped me with a troubling legal situation. He made a very stressful process stress-free and was always available to explain each step of the process.” - Thomas B.
“He is exceptionally talented and knows his way around a courtroom better than most lawyers I’ve met. Pat is smart, aggressive and results oriented.” - Alan J.